Saturday, August 14, 2010

We Explore


Today I embarked on a quest to find new, uncrowded, surf spots to the north with a solid crew of friends. Our mission started with a surf at Derrs, which left alot to be desired as the waves were few and far between. Since my bike was giving me grief with the engine not starting, I jumped in with Kristian and Jamie in one of the many Hilux's in our convoy, which included Golly, Lachy, Shockers and Skat.


This guy came so close to rolling. His girlfriend in the passenger seat just about had a panic attack. This picture shows the Cruiser suspended on three wheels. We had to pull him back upright, which gave me enough time to take a snap or two.


Kristian almost made it...


In the end, it was a decent day, after twelve hours of committment and having discovered a possible reef break that may be worth revisiting on a different swell and tide. I learnt that you should always hold on when in a car being driven by Kristian and that sometimes reversing over a fence and getting caught on barbed wire and star pickets may not be such a good idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment